I admit: I love to eat. Love, love, love it. Almost everything. And sometimes I just NEED something sweet. For some reason this mostly happens after the boys are in bed, around 11 in the evening. And we never, ever ever have cookies, chocolate or something else yummy in our cupboards. And usually I’m home alone, so I can’t just run out and buy some chocolate. Although, even if I had the opportunity, I don’t think I would have done it anyway. Too lazy, and such
So usually, when I have a craving like that, I have to make cookies or a cake. Which is just too much time and trouble for the quick fix I am looking for at that time. And those microwave brownies just don’t do it for me. Not that I WON’T eat them, but they don’t leave me satisfied. The Snobby Banana Pudding that I found ages ago on Tasty Kitchen however, does. It’s quick, easy and delicious and we usually have all the ingredients in the kitchen (except for the vanilla wafers, that for that reason I’ve never added. And never missed). Enjoy!!!
This is for 8 servings
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 whole Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 5 whole Bananas, Sliced
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers, 12 Ounce Box, Crushed
2. Add milk; stir well.
3. Cook over medium heat until pudding-like consistency is reached.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in butter and vanilla.
6. Then add cut up bananas alternately with crunched vanilla wafers.
7. Serve warm (my favorite) or cold out of the refrigerator.
8. Add extra wafers on top for presentation.